Sunday, July 31, 2011


Considering the number of blogs online already, I rush right into this knowing I could well be unread and ignored. I know I’m a johnny-come-lately whose thoughts and presence have already been “done.” And, I admit not knowing what makes a blog interesting or popular. Heck, I’m not even sure I can stick to one topic for more than a paragraph! I just want you to know, gentle, happenstance reader, if you’re here and willing… I’ll take any pity reads and consolation comments you might be willing to share.

1 comment:

  1. As I just discovered this blog today, Dec 9, 2012, I am hoping that you are still around to receive this comment, and that you may again begin writing. I am 57, and grew up in a family where my mom became a hoarder, starting out like you did with a mom that was a super-cleaning person/perfectionist. Nine children in all, I have 4 brothers and 4 sisters. My dad was both an enabler and at times would go crazy and just throw everything away without regard. I sometimes wonder if he also had hoarding tendencies, although the tools, magazines, auto parts and other collections were for a long time very organized.
    What I find especially compelling about your blog is that you do a very good job identifying and explaining your feelings and needs. It took me many years to identify what I was feeling, and the reasons and motivations for our family issues I am still learning about, even now.
    I learn so much from people who have chosen to write about their experiences, much more so than from medical articles or therapists who work from a theoretical perspective and have no personal experiences in common with mine. I have already gained insight into my own personal situation/upbringing from the 7 blogs of your that I just read.
    Please continue to write. And maybe there is something within my "life story" that you could also find enlightening.

    ReplyDelete